Originally I did not intend to put this list onto my site since many others have done so already. But since I had been searching for it this week again and again … well, I know there are bookmarks and things in a browser but I currently do not use them this frequently and since dog ears firstly become available with the new quickr product I need to store my knowledge in the place to be.
Here is the topic:
IBM recently published a set of best practices relating to Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino. It is supposed to be the beginning of a new series. I presume the strategy is to have some documentation on a technical level between the basic application help and the heavy, 500 pages red books as kind of survival guide for heavily overloaded system administrators as I currently tend do be. It’s a pity that the series is currently not made available as a PDF file that could be easily print and read first thing in the morning after opening or last thing in the evening before closing the eyes. But I guess this only might be some of my special habits of not being able to read documentation on a screen.
This is the list of articles currently available:
- Domino Performance Best Practices
- Domino Server Sizing Best Practices
- Domino Web Access Best Practices
- Domino Upgrade & Migration Best Practices
- Transactional Logging Best Practices
Articles to come are:
- Domino Administration Best Practices
- Calendaring & Scheduling Best Practices
- Domino Security Best Practices
- Managing Directories and Groups Best Practices
- Testing Applications Best Practices
And I can’t wait finding some time to finally read this documents beneath all the other stuff, which is waiting for my brain to observe.